120g porridge oats
50g pumpkin seeds
50g sunflower seeds
50g unsweetened coconut flakes
/ desiccated coconut
40g coconut oil
40g maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
To serve: coconut yoghurt, berries of choice or stewed apple
1. Preheat the oven to 140C.
2. Add the porridge oats, almonds, cashews, pumpkin and
sunflower seeds and coconut flakes / desiccated coconut to a
large oven-proof dish.
3. Melt the coconut oil on a low heat and add in the maple syrup
and vanilla extract.
4. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, ensuring
the nuts, seeds and oats are well coated in the oil / syrup mixture.
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
6. Allow to cool.
7. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month. To serve, add
to a bowl with 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt and a handful of berries
or 1 tbsp of stewed apple (from the porridge recipe).