This is a really quick and versatile lunch that is portable for work, or quick for a busy day.
100g cooked quinoa (per person) – always great to have in the fridge (or cheat with a pouch)
Roasted cauli-broc with tahini hummus
200g cauliflower/broccoli, chopped into florets
large handful spinach
1 large cooked beetroot, sliced
5 walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp hummus
1/2 lemon cut into wedges
1. Roast the cauli/broc the night before tossed
in oil and salt – takes about 20mins on 180°C.
2. Put half quinoa in bowl, layer up with beetroot,
spinach, cauli-broc, walnuts, repeat layers.
3. Combine tahini, hummus, lemon juice and use as
dressing when ready to eat.
Greek style quinoa bowl
2 cups rocket
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
80g artichoke hearts, quartered
1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1/2 cup assorted Greek olives
1/3 cup crumbled feta
sea salt and pepper
3 tbsp tzatziki
1. Assemble bowls, starting with the rocket, then add
the quinoa, followed by all the other ingredients.
2. Drizzle the tzatziki as a dressing when ready to eat.